except voting isn’t like that. at all.
not voting isn’t going to magically solve this countries problems, and it’s not going to wake anyone up.
if we want things to change we actually have to DO something. not protest, strike, or boycott.
Thinksquad: I don’t vote for the lesser of two evils, I won’t participate in a system that is imagining that it’s giving me a choice. I don’t try to imagine that if I vote for a smaller whip as a slave that I am fundamentally against slavery. I am mentally accepting slavery if I vote for a smaller whip and a nicer master. The smaller whips and the nicer masters never get delivered, and all I am doing is legitimizing the whole process. I am not against anyone voting. I have a degree in Poli-sci, but knowing about politics, and actually believing that they are listening to what I say is all ridiculous. Having cows decided how tall the fence is, doesn’t change the fact that the cows are still caged.no. i don’t believe they are listening to me. i am fully aware of how fucked up this system is. when i said do something, i didn’t mean vote. i meant, i don’t know, direct action? but i am guessing that you are a white person, probably a man, who has enough money to get by.
the cows aren’t deciding how tall the fence is, they’re deciding how much food they get.
they’re still caged, but the less privileged ones suffer less than they would under the more evil of the two.
stopping voting won’t suddenly get them more food. if they DID SOMETHING about the lack of food maybe things would change.
obviously obama isn’t sunshine and rainbows. but people like me, and people less privileged than me, can’t afford for romney to win. we don’t have the privilege to sit around and boycott the system. THINKSQUAD: To believe that the two choices were put there through the will of the people, is also ridiculous. “Corporations” a fictional entity created by the government, put who they wanted, and spent a great deal of money manipulating the masses into believing they picked these two in some great political battle, which was anything of the sort. I understand you are hungry, you are looking for an answer, you want a better slave master. Obama-Romney are two sides of the same coin. If a car is about to run you over it doesn’t matter what brand of car it is, just get out of the way. They offer you nothing, either side will not get rid of poverty, or war, or anything else you truly want. They will tell you anything you need to hear to garner your vote. When Clinton was president and had a democratic congress, and a democratic senate, was that when there was no poverty, and education was the best in the world? No. the game is rigged. Was it because clinton then had to deal with a republican congress/senate, that things tuned to shit? No, both side argue while your pockets are being picked. Obama/Romney are two sides of the same corporate interest. You asked me about my race, which is Asian, born on Okinawa, Japan, you asked me about privilege, I own my own business, a small business, but mine none the less, does me saying that make you think I make a lot of money, well actually I take home far less then minimum wage. Some months I take home nothing. Boycotting does no real long term change, and violence does no real long term change as well, and asking to expand state powers only makes the government bigger. Once again, I do not believe in using force to make you side my way, if you honestly believe that your one vote will make a true difference, that it will someone tip the balance in your favor, that your single vote is the change that finally makes everything better, then cast your vote. If voting for Obama or Romney, makes you sleep better at night knowing that you casted that vote, and that will somehow stop hyper inflation, or steer this ship called America in the right direction, then please by all means vote.ok. one more time. i do not think my vote is going to make a huge difference. it will make slight differences, yes. obviously. i am not incompetent.
my vote won’t change much. but not voting won’t change ANYTHING. at all. in any way. ever.
what will not voting do? tell me please.
let me say again, so that you are not confused.
if i vote for obama, things are not going to get better.
if i don’t vote, and romney wins, things will get worse.
hm. considering the fact that leftists are pretty much the only ones who are really sick of the system, and would be most likely not to vote, which candidate would most likely win if more people decided to sit this one out?
THINKSQUAD: I keep forgetting you are a statist, you believe that change only happens if you vote. That if you don’t vote, then no change happens. I really wished it was that simple. That all votes mattered, and that the majority rule over the minority is right. I think Stefan Molyneux, brought up an interesting idea on Human farming. And I quote: The greatest resource for any human being to control is not a natural resource, or a tool, or an animal or land—but other human beings. You can frighten an animal, because animals are afraid of pain in the moment, but you cannot frighten an animal with a loss of liberty, or with the possibility of future torture or imprisonment, because animals have very little sense of tomorrow. You cannot make a cow fatter by punishing it with torture, or force a sheep to produce more wool by intimidating it with possible death. You cannot swing a sword at a tree and scream at it to produce more fruit, or hold a burning torch to a field and demand more wheat. You cannot get more eggs by menacing a hen, but you can get a man to give you his eggs by threatening him. This is the essence of the world that we live in—and this is what we are looking at, when we regard a map of the world. We are not looking at countries, or cultures, or religions…we are in fact looking at farms. Farms holding people, owned by other people. The reason that so much effort was poured into propagandizing you as a child is that propaganda is the fertilizer of human farming – in every sense of the word. Human farming has been the most profitable—and destructive—occupation throughout history, and it’s now reaching its climax. Human society cannot be rationally understood until it is seen for what it is: a series of farms where human farmers own human livestock. Some people get confused because governments provide healthcare and water and education and roads, and thus imagine that there is some benevolence at work. Nothing could be further from the truth. All farmers provide healthcare and irrigation and training to their livestock. Some people get confused because we are allowed certain liberties, and thus imagine that our governments protect our freedoms. But all farmers plant their crops a certain distance apart to increase their yields—and will allow certain animals larger stalls or fields if it means they will produce more meat and milk. In your country, your tax farm, your farmer grants you certain freedoms not because he cares about your liberties, but because he wants to increase his profits. Are you beginning to see the nature of the cage you were born into?
- obombacare reblogged this from fucknobigbrother
- mooseturd reblogged this from sprinkledglass
- sinnerboyblues likes this
- healtheworld92 reblogged this from thinksquad
- esperanzaylibertad reblogged this from thinksquad
- lidaebakkk reblogged this from apssss
- apssss reblogged this from m0nst3rl0v3
- m0nst3rl0v3 reblogged this from mooseturd
- hamptonbeach reblogged this from mooseturd
- hellisinmydreams reblogged this from mooseturd
- m0shi-moshi reblogged this from valeriedelasoul and added:
- asmilethatcries reblogged this from lovejayr
- valeriedelasoul reblogged this from lovelyannnie
- valeriedelasoul likes this
- lovelyannnie reblogged this from lovejayr
- wherewedoitbest reblogged this from wherewedoitbest
- lovejayr reblogged this from consulting-raggedy-man
- consulting-raggedy-man reblogged this from sunnythunderstorms
- consulting-raggedy-man likes this
- thegreyapex reblogged this from decayedintelligence
- sincerelyforeveryoung reblogged this from manifestationsofafreemind
- manifestationsofafreemind reblogged this from naturallyrooted
- annasena reblogged this from anarchei
- melvinmonster reblogged this from walkingpharmacy
- wantering-menswear likes this
- leoyardiechick reblogged this from therealbitchpudding and added:
- aretepraxis likes this
- sciamachy reblogged this from socialistguineapigs and added:
- thisworldinablog likes this
- nothingxleft likes this
- xequality reblogged this from vegangarbage
- noahbottyknows reblogged this from theveganarchist
- thecheshirekitteh likes this
- vegangarbage reblogged this from theveganarchist
- theveganarchist reblogged this from thinksquad
- thisisluv likes this
- broadcasting-live-via-my-nutsack likes this
- dimantez4ever reblogged this from thinksquad
- elwhysea likes this
- genie-of-the-bottle reblogged this from bmrgould
- kittendisorder reblogged this from the-silent-steps-that-followed
- eeegingersmile likes this
- the-silent-steps-that-followed reblogged this from medlasfrankenstien
- deevolutions reblogged this from vferal-mindv
- stunningly-strange likes this
- aelx reblogged this from almondmilkaholic
- vferal-mindv reblogged this from almondmilkaholic
- benign-sea-inactive likes this